What unlocks fire switch?
- Fire Warning - Fuel Control switch to CUTOFF - Pushing Fire Override Switch
How many fire bottles for engines?
2 on each wing
What happens when engine fire switch pulled out?
- HYD Fluid to EDHP shut off and EDHP depressurized - Eng Spar Valves close - Eng Bleed Valve closes - Arms Extinguishers - Trips ENG GEN
How many APU fire bottles?
How is APU shut down from exterior?
APU stop switch on APU ground panel located on right body gear well.
When will APU fire extinguisher automatically activate?
For fire warning light on the ground
What condition must be satisfied for an engine fire warning?
Both loops must detect a fire to cause warning.
Each has engine how many loops?
2 overheat 2 fire detector
Is there overheat detection loop for APU?
No, only dual loop fire detection
Do both loops have to detect fire for APU fire?
No, only one
How many detectors installed for lower cargo compartments?
4 dual loop detectors
How many detectors installed on main deck?
16 dual loop detectors
How do cargo detection systems work?
Sample air drawn through detectors by center bleed duct air.
Do both loops have to detect smoke to activate cargo fire warning?
What happens if a fault occurs in one loop of ANY fire/overheat test?
- System reconfigures for single loop operation - Operable loop will trigger condition
What fire detection system is provided for wheel wells?
Each main gear well has single loop FIRE detector EICAS: FIRE WHEEL WELL
What FP/FD is provided for crew rest area?
Smoke detectors that activate aural warning
Lav FP/FD system?
Smoke detector w/aural warning and auto extinguisher in trash.
What happens if APU FIRE Switch pulled out?
- Shuts down APU - Trips APU GEN - Arms Extinguisher - Closes APU Fuel Valve - Closes APU Bleed Air Valve - Closed Inlet Door
How many bottles are available for the Lower Lobes and how do they deploy?
4 TOTAL - Two deploy immediately - Two deploy after a short delay or upon touchdown (for 210 minutes)
How is detection system tested?
ENG DET are continuously monitored. All duel loop detectors are tested on initial power up. * no single loop wheel well test on power up
What happens when MAIN DECK CARGO FIRE Switch is ARMED?
- Enabled fire suppression system - Turns OFF 2 packs - Configs equip cooling to closed loop - Turns off all airflow to BOTH MAIN + AFT LLCs - Closes master trim air valve
What happens when FWD or AFT DECK CARGO FIRE Switch is ARMED?
- Arms LLC fire extinguishers - Turns OFF 2 packs - Configs equip cooling to override mode - Turns off all airflow + heat to LLCs - Closes master trim air valve
What happens when CARGO FIRE DEPRESS/DISCH is pressed while MAIN is ARMED?
Initiates airplane depressurization to slight below airplane altitude.
What happens when CARGO FIRE DEPRESS/DISCH is pressed while FWD/AFT is ARMED?
Initiates extinguisher discharge sequence