Flashcards in GCSE Edexcel Prep: Maths Deck (22)
Any straight line on a graph can be written in the form of...
The opposite of Expanding. Factorising extracts common factor. E.g. 2x²-14x...
Time-sing the number outside brackets by inside terms
How would you simplify an algebraic expression?
You would find common factors within the terms and simplify it to its simplest form
What are corresponding angles?
What are alternate angles?
What are Supplementary & Complementary Angles?
Supplementary Angles: either of two angles whose sum is 180°
Complementary Angles: either of two angles whose sum is 90
How would you find a parallel line of Equation?
1. A parallel line of Equation would have the same gradient as the line, i.e. y=3x+c, the parallel line would again be y=3x, but with a different gradient.
2. You have to sub in the given coordinate. For example, (2,4)- x=2, y=4. Then you solve it. 4=(3X2=6)-c.
C=2... Ans= y=3x-2
How would you find a perpendicular line of Equation
1. First you find the gradient
2. Then you do the negative reciprocal of the gradient. (E.G. 2x= -1/2x)
3. You then, find the midpoint of the given coordinates.
4. Then you substitute them in and find your perpendicular line of Equation.
What is the formula for the volume & surface area of a cube & cuboid?
Volume= s³ Volume= ldh (lengthxdepthxheight)
Surface Area= 6s² Surface Area= 2(ld+lh+dh)
What is the formula for any prism volume and surface area?
Volume= area of its cross section x length( or height)
Surface Area= Sum of area of all of its faces
What's the formula for a cylinder? Volume & Surface Area?
Surface Area= 2πrh+ 2πr²
What is the formula of volume & surface area of a pyramid?
Volume= 1/3 x area of base x perpendicular height
Surface Area= sum of area of all of its faces
What is the formula of volume & surface area of a cone?
Volume= 1/3 x πr² x perpendicular height
Surface Area= πrl (l is the slant height)
What is the formula of volume & surface area of a frustum of a cone?
Volume= 1/3πR²H - 1/3πr²h (whole cone- removed cone)
Surface Area= πRL - πrl (surface area of whole cone-surface area of removed cone)
What is the formula of volume & surface area of a Sphere?
Surface Area= 4πr²
What is the sum of exterior angles?
Each Exterior Angle?
a + 5 = −5a + 5
5p − 14 = 8 p + 4
−3(4x + 3) + 4(6x + 1) = 43