Flashcards in General Deck (20):
(All) Identify location and function of the position, anti-collision and landing light switches:
POS/STROBE Lights Switch – Glareshield, Right Side
• OFF - Extinguishes fwd & aft pos. & strobe lts.
• POS - Illuminates forward and aft position lights only.
• BOTH - Illuminates the forward and aft position lights,
and strobe lights are activated when airborne.
ANTI-COLLISION Lights Switch – Glareshield, Right Side
• OFF - Extinguishes anti-collision lights.
• ON - Illuminates upper and lower anti-collision lights.
WING LDG LTS Switch (L/R) – Glareshield, Left Side
• RET - Retracts wing landing lights.
• EXT OFF - Extends wing landing lights with lamps off.
• EXT ON - Extends wing landing lights with lamps on.
All) Explain the function of the 3 positions of the EMER LTS Switch (Flight Deck):
- Prevents emergency evacuation lights from illuminating.
- EMER LIGHT NOT ARMED message is on.
- Can be overridden and emer. lts. switched ON at EMERGENCY LIGHTS switch on fwd FA's panel.
- Normal flight position. Emer. evacuation lights are off.
- Connects batt. packs charging circuits to EMER DC BUS.
- Emer. evacuation lights illuminate automatically w/ loss of power to EMER DC bus.
ON – Simulates elec power failure. All emer evacuation lights & EMER LIGHT NOT ARMED message illuminate.
(All) Can emergency lights can be activated from the Flight Attendant’s Panel regardless of flight deck switch position?
• Switch to ARM (mometary) then releasing to ON illuminates emergency evacuation lights regardless of position of flight deck EMER LTS switch.
(All) Specify the number and location of all emergency exits.
10 aircraft emergency exits:
• Two flight deck sliding windows.
• Forward cabin door.
• Forward galley door.
• Aft galley door.
• Aft cabin door (through tailcone).
• Four overwing exits.
Purpose of emergency lighting? How long the battery packs will provide power?
Emer. lighting system provides minimal illumination of flight deck, cabin & exit areas to facilitate aircraft evacuation
• W/ flight deck EMER LTS switch in ARM position, emergency lights automatically illuminate when power from DC Emergency Bus is lost.
• System uses incandescent bulbs powered by rechargeable batt packs which provide power for 15'
Locate the flight deck indications for access, emergency and cargo doors:
OAP will display amber caution msg and illuminate DOOR cue if any of following doors is not closed and/or latched:
• Access: ACCESS COMPT, ELECT COMPT, AFT STAIRWAY
• Emergency: FWD CABIN, FWD GALLEY, AFT GALLEY, AFT CABIN, AFT STAIRWAY.
• Cargo: FORWARD CARGO, MID CARGO, AFT CARGO
Describe the standby lighting that is available on Emergency Power:
When EMER PWR (emergency power) switch is selected ON w/ normal electrical power off and BATT switch ON, standby lighting will illuminate CA's and First FO's instrument panel floodlights.
• Lights receive pwr from emergency DC bus and DC transfer bus.
• Floodlights can be individually adjusted from min - max intensity using respective floodlights knob.
• THDRSTRM LT switch ON = immediate bright floodlighting
Recommended pavement width for a 180 turn:
Recommended pavement width for a 180° turn is 125 feet.
Describe relationship of the nose, wing and tail during a turn:
• Nose clearance guarantees tail or wing tip will clear
- If wing tip alone clears, tail may not clear.
Describe how nose gear landing and taxi lights are affected when the landing gear handle is moved to the up position:
- Nose gear landing and taxi lights automatically extinguish when gear handle is moved up.
- Light circuit is interlocked so that nose lights only illuminate when gear handle is in the DOWN position.
Describe how the strobe lights are affected when the aircraft becomes airborne:
Wing tip strobes operate only when POS/STROBE switch is in BOTH and nose wheel is off the ground
Function of AUTO position of NO SMOK and SEAT BELTS switches:
NO SMOK Switch
• AUTO - Chime sounds when landing gear is extended.
SEAT BELTS Switch
• AUTO - FASTEN SEAT BELTS and RETURN TO CABIN signs illuminate when slats are extended. Chime sounds.
OAP / Master Caution alerts for an open DOOR indication:
• With parking brakes set, door open annunciations will not appear on display screen.
• DOOR cue light flashes 4x when first door is opened and remains on steady as other doors are opened.
• DOOR cue will not illuminate Master Caution light
• DOOR cue light cannot be dimmed
Function of the MD-90 Status Cue Light on the Enhanced Overhead Annunciator Panel (EOAP):
• Status Cue Light (blue) below EOAP screens. Replaces MONITOR light. Advises second level message is stored in status buffer requiring no procedural action by flight crew.
Describe the operation of the Master Caution lights:
MASTER CAUTION Light (2) (amber)
• Both lights will illuminate when caution messages are displayed on the OAP.
• Pushing either light will extinguish both MASTER CAUTION lights and reset the system for subsequent indications.
Describe the operation of the Master Warning lights:
MASTER WARNING Light (2) (red)
• Both lights will illuminate when red lights on annunciator panel illuminate.
• Pushing either light will extinguish both MASTER WARNING lights and reset the system for subsequent indications.
Flight crew oxygen system location and indications.
• Flight crew O2 system uses quick donning mask regulators located at each crew station.
• O2 is supplied from single cylinder located behind FO’s
• Cylinder is equipped w/ bottle pressure gauge and a shutoff valve that controls oxygen supply to the system.
• System line pressure is indicated on aft ovhd panel.
Positions and function of the PASS OXY MASK Switch:
• NORM - Door latches on all oxygen compartments will open automatically any time cabin altitude reaches approximately 14,000 feet.
• EJECT - (Momentary) Energizes circuit to release door latches and open all oxygen compartment doors at any altitude.
CAUTION: Holding switch in EJECT position in excess of five seconds may cause damage to the oxygen compartment latches
OAP Blue Advisory Lights associated with an activated passenger oxygen system:
CABIN OXYGEN ON - Left and right aft cabin oxygen door latches have been activated.