Flashcards in Get To know Google Marketing Platform Deck (16)
What is Display and Video 360?
Known as a Demand-Side Platform (DSP), it offers audience insights, smart bidding and automated buying of ad space at scale
What is optimise 360?
With this platform you can test variations of your website and tailor it for your business and each of your customers
What is Studio?
Studio gives you a complete, creative solution for building and managing engaging digital ads, from custom video to dynamic creative.
What is campaign manager?
- Google's web-based ad management and ad serving solution. It helps you manage your digital campaigns across websites and mobile
How does ad serving work?
Ad servers help advertisers control the serving of display ads, whether it's rich media, video, GIFs or a combination of formats. Ad servers also give advertisers the chance to make changes to a campaign whilst it's running.
Like targeting criteria for example, to control which advert a user sees and applies reporting data to fine-tune how ads are running
What might the typical flow of an ad being served look like?
User visit the site with ad space > the advertiser's ad is chosen to fill the space > The advertiser's ad server supplies the best creative based on audience and contextual signals
Which types of creative can you serve in Campaign Manager?
You can serve the following creative across display, mobile, video and app:
- Dynamic Display
- Expandable Display
- Interactive Video
- Forced New Video
- YouTube Bumper
- Mobile Display
- In App
- High Impact Display
What are the benefits of HTML5 for your creative?
- You can use Google's development tool to build it at no cost
- It's widely supported
- People don't have to install special plug-ins to use it
- It can create complex effects
When planning a video ad campaign, which specifications should you confirm with your publisher?
- Video Ad Serving Template (VAST)
- Required media asset files (including companions) are a specification you should confirm when launching your campaign
- Video Targeting Restrictions
What are companion banners?
Little branded notifications that pop up in your YouTube ads that include a call to action.
How large can your source file for your Video creative assets be?
Must be under 1GB
What is an in-banner video?
What are Video Tags?
Once you've settle on your video creative, you'll need to communicate it to a publisher's video player. That's where video ad tags come in.
The tags contain all of the info. required for a video ad request including the video files, additional ads, tracking or interactivity.
VAST tags were standardised by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) to allow you to quickly serve video ads to multiple publishers' video players without additional or customised work.
What are the different types of video tags?
- VPAID - Video Player Ad Interface Definition, this is a media type within a VAST tag. VPAID is used for ad interactivity in publisher's in-stream video player. Vpaid creatives can pause or mute the video and show additional content or interactivity
- Companion Creatives - these are a part of VAST tags that can appear alongside a publisher's video player. Companions aren't required
- Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions (MRAID) are for in-app environments. MRAID creatives can expand, resize, and use device functionalities
How does YouTube reservation work for the VAST Tag?
YouTube accepts VAST tags for ad serving on reservation inventory, but has specific requirements on which video assets to provide. You can use the YouTube VAST QA Tool to verify whether your tags meet YouTube's third party ad serving specifications.
This tool can also be used to preview your third party -served ad on the YouTube player