Flashcards in Harmony 2 Melody Deck (17):
Which voices should be melodies
All though bass may not follow Melody guidelines as closley
Melody moves stepwise
Melody pitches leap
Disjunct motion greater than a fifth can be followed by
1. Conjunct in the opposite direction
2. Disjunct in opposite direction
3. Conjunct in same direction
4. Disjunct in same direction
Melodic moves not allowed
1 Two consecutive move that form a compound interval.
2. Augmented intervals
4. Maj 7
5. Min 7 must be followed by conjunct in opposite direction
6. Diminished must be followed by conjunct in opposite direction
How many tendency tones may occur in a row?
No more than 2
What happens when an active tone is followed by another that is more than a third away
The first is disregarded
What can happen after two active tones surround a stable tone
1 the stable tone may follow
2the later active may be considered for movement
3. Another active tone may follow.
When using broken chirds, Des scale activity apply?
What should a phrase communicate
A sense of beginning and ending
What does melodic and harmonic cessation create
What do 2 phrases create
First phrase in a period
Second phrase in a period
What is it called when the antecedent and cosequent phrases are similar
What is it called when the antecedent and cosequent phrases are very different