Magic during the ice age
• Ice age: Lion man, used by an ice age community either to contact the spirit world or transform someone’s life.
Magic in ancient Egypt
Egyptians: It was believed that everyone has the ability to use magical forces, but it could only be used by priests as they were the only ones that were able to read the scriptures
- One exams are healing priests who served Sekhmet, a goddess if the plague - some also able to roll back waves and bring inanimate objects to life.
- There was a close relationship between religion and magic
Magic in ancient Greece and in Roman era
Greeks and Romans: amulets or curse tablets were used to protect against evil spirits.
- They also prayed to gods and goddesses for protection
- Bulla given to children 9 days after birth to protect them from evil spirits