Flashcards in HPM 100.67 Chapters 1-3 Deck (25)
1. No matter what level of assistance the Department provides under mutual aid guidelines, the CHP will adhere to ________ _______ ______ protocol as required by law.
Incident Command System (1-3, 1a1)
2. ______ ___ is a planned cooperative effort between city, county, and state emergency response agencies to ensure consistent and efficient emergency services to each other in extraordinary situations.
Mutual aid (1-3, 1b)
3. The four levels of responsibility and operation from smallest to largest are: _____ (cities), ___________ _____ (counties), ________ (two or more counties), and _____.
Local, operational areas, regional, state (1-3, 1b)
4. Except for _______ _____ __________ and _________ _______ _________ mutual aid, the CHP will not normally dedicate departmental resources directly to city requests prior to the reasonable commitment of available county resources.
Officer needs assistance, emergency traffic assistance (1-3, 1b)
5. Approval of the ____________ or their designee is required before committing CHP resources in response to a request for mutual aid.
Commissioner (1-5, 2a)
6. Field commanders shall ensure all uniformed personnel, particularly _________ and __________________, are familiar with departmental assistance procedures.
Sergeants, Officers-in-Charge (1-5, 2b)
7. Field commanders _____ develop and coordinate plans to provide departmental assistance to local authorities within their geographical areas of responsibility.
Shall (1-5, 2b)
8. Requests for "mutual aid support" at local jurisdiction (city or county) custodial facilities will be handled the same as any other mutual aid request. All requests for unarmed assistance will be ________.
Declined (1-5, 2d)
9. Departmental personnel committed to the support of local authorities _____ remain under the command and control of the _____.
Shall, CHP (1-6, 2f)
10. Uniformed personnel _____ respond to officer needs assistance requests.
Shall (1-6, 3a)
11. The degree of response must be based on the decision of the _______________ who is authorized to commit the personnel and resources necessary to meet the particular situation.
On duty supervisor (1-6, 3a)
12. Any deployment action must be counterbalanced by the need to ________ _____ _________ _________ throughout the Area.
Continue other essential services (1-6, 3a)
13. The senior ranking officer on duty shall: deploy personnel, notify the Area commander through channels, _______ __ ___ _____; assess the situation, and direct departmental involvement until relieved by a CHP officer of higher rank.
Proceed to the scene, (1-7, b)
14. Area commanders ___ authorize mobilization of as many of their personnel as deemed necessary for the situation prior to the receipt of approval to commit resources.
May (1-7, c1)
15. Departmental personnel __________ provide service or assistance to a city or county law enforcement agency involved in a job action unless authorized.
This authorization may only be granted by the Commissioner; Deputy
Commissioner; Assistant Commissioner, Field; or Assistant Commissioner,
Shall not (1-9, b2)
16. This authorization may only be granted by the
Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner Field or Staff (1-9, b2)
18. Personnel _____ also respond to reports of public safety crimes received from private citizens.
May (2-1, 1c)
19. When approached to provide supplemental law enforcement assistance on a limited basis, CHP commands _____ advise local agencies that CHP assistance _____ be requested by following the same steps contained in the mutual aid process.
Shall, must (2-1, 2a)
20. If requested by the governing body of a newly incorporated city, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) ______ continue to provide traffic law enforcement services without reimbursement during the remainder of the fiscal year of incorporation or until establishment of a police department, whichever occurs first.
Will (3-1, 4a)
21. Generally, traffic law enforcement services will not be provided for a period longer than _________ from the date of incorporation.
Twelve months (3-2, 4b)
22. However, when unforeseen circumstances arise preventing the timely establishment of police services, the CHP will consider continuing services for __________________ provided that a formal request is made by the city's governing body.
A limited duration (3-2, 4b)
17. Consistent with the secondary mission of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the desire of the Governor to ensure that the citizens of the State of California are provided with adequate law enforcement services, uniformed personnel ____ provide supplemental law enforcement assistance when approved by the Governor.
May (2-1, 1b)
23. CHP personnel ___________ solicit or encourage requests for such extended services.
Are not to (3-2, 4b)
24. The CHP _________ extend traffic law enforcement services to newly annexed areas of incorporated cities except to provide temporary assistance during the transition period.
Will not (3-2, 4c)