Flashcards in I Deck (30):
1. An extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque episode or scene, typically an idealized or unsustainable one: "the rural idyll".
2. A short description in verse or prose of a picturesque scene or incident, esp. in rustic life.
1.A large, arboreal, tropical American lizard (genus Iguana, family Iguanidae), esp. the green iguana (I. iguana) with a spiny crest along...
2. Any iguanid lizard.
1. Of, based on, or concerned with the law: "the American legal system".
2. Appointed or required by the law:
1.Occurring or done at once; instant.
2. Relating to or existing at the present time:
1. Impossible to perceive.
1. Acting or done quickly and without thought or care; impulsive.
2. Moving forcefully or rapidly
1. Not able to occur, exist, or be done: "an impossible task"; "impossible to keep up".
2. Very difficult to deal with
1. The occurrence, rate, or frequency of a disease, crime, or something else undesirable: "an increased incidence of cancer".
1. Trouble or difficulty caused to one's personal requirements or comfort: "the inconvenience of having to change trains".
1. Become or make greater in size, amount, intensity, or degree: "increase awareness of social issues"; "increasing numbers of students".
1. Impossible to believe: "an incredible tale of triumph".
2. Difficult to believe; extraordinary
A historic city in northwestern Missouri
1. A thing, esp. a trend or fact, that indicates the state or level of something: "an indicator of affluence".
2. A device providing specific information on the state or condition of something, in particular.
The action or fact of indulging: "indulgence in self-pity".
A situation that is unavoidable.
Incapable of making mistakes or being wrong.
Lower in rank, status, or quality
The capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.
Any of the foods or substances that are combined to make a particular dish or meal.
Not guilty of a crime or offense.
Ask for information from someone:
Not enough; inadequate: "insufficient evidence".
an organized rebellion aimed at overthrowing a constituted government through the use of subversion and armed conflict.
Prevent (a process or activity) from being carried out properly
A pause or break: "the daily work goes on without intermission".
on or from the inside; "an internally controlled environment
Ask questions of (someone, esp. a suspect or a prisoner) closely, aggressively, or formally.
A list of goods sent or services provided, stating the sum due for these; a bill
Showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.