Flashcards in IS3220 CHAPTER 11 Deck (25):
The ability for a network or system user to remain unknown is called ___?
A number of tools and techniques provide this when connected to a network, although the underlying network protocols make true ___ very difficult.
Keeping information about a network or system user from being disclosed to unauthorized entities. While typically focused on private information like Social Security number, medical records, credit card number, cell phone number, etc., these concerns extend to any data that represents personally identifiable information (AKA PII). This is called ___?
An industry term referring to any product that appears in a vendor's PowerPoint slide deck, but is not yet available in one of its products is called ___?
A method of proving identity using two different authentication factors. These factors are something you know, something you have, or something you are. EX: a smart card (you have) with a PIN (something you know), a biometric device (something you are) or a proximity card (something you have) that activates a fingerprint reader (something you are. This is called ___?
The technology and business processes used to identify, track, and mitigate known weaknesses on hosts within a computing environment is called ___?
1. Which response contains the three most common VPN deployment architectures?
1. Bypass, encrypted, Open VPN
2. DMZ, Open VPN, internally connected
3. DMZ, Encrypted, Open VPN
4. Encrypted, Open VPN, internally connected
5. Bypass, DMZ, internally connected
Bypass, DMZ, internally connected
2. All the following are considered VPN management best practices except:
1. If one is good, two is better
2. Patch regularly
3. Permit split tunnelling
4. Do not allow employee-owned computers to connect
5. Review usage
Permit split tunnelling
3. Three of the threats common to both software and hardware VPNs include ___, ___, ___.
Three of the following:
Denial of service attack,
unpublished vulnerability in the code,
weak client security,
weak encryption key section,
4. The two different types of VPN commonly used for remote access VPN commonly used for remote access VPN are ___ and ___.
5. Pick TWO advantages of using an open-source VPN solution instead of a commercial solution.
1. Low cost
2. Good Vendor support
3. Minimize installation and configuration time
4. Use existing hardware
5. Easier to troubleshoot
Use existing hardware
6. The ability for a network or system user to remain unknown to adversaries is ___.
7. Which of the following are benefits of using a commercial VPN instead of an open-source VPN solution? (More than one answer MAY be correct)
1. More costly
2. Less flexible
3. Product support
4. Requires higher skill set to deploy and support
5. Dedicated hardware
8. A document that details the requirements for using the VPN is called a ___.
9. Which of the following are vulnerabilities common to both software and hardware VPN solutions? (Multiple answers may be correct)
1. Default password
2. Unpublished vulnerability in the code
3. Weak client security
4. Weak authentication
5. Blue Screen of Death
Unpublished vulnerability in the code
Weak client security
10. Which of the following are components of a VPN Policy? (Multiple answers may be correct)
3. VPN Configuration Settings
5. Backup Strategy
11. Keeping information about a network or system user from being disclosed to unauthorized people is known as ___.
12. Recognizing that vulnerabilities will be found with both hardware and software VPNs, be sure to ___ frequently.
13. Which of the following are not VPN best practices? (Multiple answers may be correct)
1. Backup your configurations
2. Pick the solution that gets the best reviews
3. Don't permit split tunneling
4. Use vulnerability management
5. Secure your endpoints
Pick the solution that gets the best reviews
14. The best authentication method for client VPNs is ___.
two-factor or token/biometric
15. When protecting the availability of your VPN, it is a good practice to have ___ VPN gateways in your environment.
16. Which of the following are protocols that can be used for high availability with VPNs? (Multiple answers may be correct)
17. If you want to verify that the VPN is on the network, what is the simplest tool you can use?
4. VPN Monitor
18. When troubleshooting a VPN issue, which of the following are valid troubleshooting steps? (Multiple answers may be correct)
1. Don't panic
2. Gather the symptoms
3. Run the vulnerability scan
4. Review changes to the environment
5. Upgrade the VPN software
Gather the symptoms
Review changes to the environment
19. Your VPN policy should address which of the following topics? (Multiple answers may be correct)
1. Define authentication methods permitted
2. Define the VPN platform
3. Define required encryption levels for VPN connections
4. Define the troubleshooting process
5. Define how to respond to incidents
Define authentication methods permitted
Define required encryption levels for VPN connections