Flashcards in IS3220 CHAPTER 15 Deck (25):
Refers ot a series of tools and techniques used to prevent forensic examination from identifying an attack or attacker and is called ___?
A distributed data protection technology that leverages deep analysis, context evaluation, and rules configured from a central console to ensure confidential information remains secure while in use, in transit, and at rest. This is called ___?
DATA LEAKAGE PREVENTION (DLP)
Identifying, extracting, and evaluating evidence obtained from digital media such as computer hard drives, CDs, DVDs, and other digital storage devices is called ___?
DIGITAL FORENSIC TECHNIQUES
A set of concepts and practices that provide detailed descriptions and comprehensive checklists, tasks and procedures for common IT practices. This is based on the ISO 27002 Standard and is called ____?
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE LIBRARY (ITIL)
Specialized host used to place an attacker into a system where the intruder cannot do any harm is called ___?
1. Pick the two common IDS/IPS deployment models:
2. Which of the following are types of specialized firewalls?
1. Data protection
3. Two technologies used to identify attack techniques and patterns include ___ and ___.
honeypots and honeynets
4. Techniques used to counter digital investigations are known as ___.
5. Pick the two changing areas to watch when developing your information security road map.
1. Security industry focus
3. Computer processing power
4. Cloud computing
5. Network design
Security industry focus
6. The technique of hiding a secret message in plain sight is known as ___.
7. Which of the following is a potential disadvantage of IPv6 from a security perspective?
1. Additional address space
2. Less flexible than IPv4
3. Industry support
4. Maturity of the standard
5. Ubiquitous encryption
8. Identifying a user based on anatomical characteristics is known as ___.
9. Which of the following are biometric characteristics
1. Default password
3. Iris pattern
4. Voice print
10. Which of the following are considered complementary technologies to an IDS/IPS implementation?
4. Padded cell
5. Virtual firewall
11. A device that monitors network traffic and alerts during an attack is an ___.
IDS or IPS
12. A device that monitors network traffic and alerts and takes action without manual intervention during an attack is an ___.
13. Which of the following contribute to the erosion of the network perimeter?
1. Specialized firewalls
4. Cloud computing
5. Business partner connections
Business partner connections
14. The act of ensuring your company obeys intern policies and any applicable laws is known as ___.
15. The processes and procedures used to ensure employees are following corporate security policies are known collectively as ___.
16. Identify one risk associated with the use of a public wireless connection.
3. Data interception
4. Data corruption
5. Social engineering
17. What is one advantage to commercial security solutions that might make a company select them over open-source equivalents?
18. Which of the following might be included in a risk register?
1. Risk description
4. Business owner
5. Continuity planning
19. Which of the following are considered core security principles when discussing the uses of security technologies?