Flashcards in IS3230 CHAPTER 13 Deck (25):
The process of confirming the identity of a user is called ___.
An entity, usually a trusted third party, that issues digital certificates is called ___.
CERTIFICATE AUTHORITY (CA)
The certificate authorities list of invalid certificates is called ___.
CERTIFICATE REVOCATION LIST (CRL)
Applications or IT services delivered over the Internet rather than in a typical client/server model on a local area network is called ___.
Ensuring that only the intended recipient can read the data is called ___.
The hardware or software system that transforms the clear text into cipher text is called ___.
A protocol or an algorithm allowing two users to exchange a secret key over insecure communications is called ___.
DIFFIE-HELLMAN KEY EXCHANGE
This provides a stronger cryptographic result with a shorter key is called ___.
ELLIPTIC CURVE CRYPTOSYSTEM (ECC)
The process of applying an algorithm to clear-text (or plain-text) data, resulting in a cipher text is called ___.
Ensuring the data has not been altered is called ___.
The range of values that construct a crypto system key is called ___.
The concept of ensuring an originator cannot refute the validity of a statement or document is called ___.
A framework that consists of programs, procedures, and security policies that employs public key cryptography and the X.509 standard (digital certificates) is called ___.
PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE (PKI)
An entity that is responsible for the registration and initial authentication of certificate subscribers is called ___.
REGISTRATION AUTHORITY (RA)
A public key crypto system based on factoring large numbers that are a product of two prime numbers is called ___.
RSA ASYMMETRIC ENCRYPTION ALGORITHM
1. PKI is also know as public key encryption.
TRUE OR FALSE
2. Which of the following is an encryption key size length commonly used with public key algorithms?
3. Which of the following are examples of symmetric algorithms? (Select two)
4. Which of the following are examples of asymmetric algorithms? (Select two)
5. Asymmetric encryption is faster than symmetric encryption.
TRUE OR FALSE
6. A symmetric encryption algorithm provides which security services? (Select three)
7. The RSA key length is ___.
8. Which of the following is the standard for certificates?
2. Certificate authority
4. Certificate validation
9. Which of the following terms is the range of values that construct a crypto system key?
1. Key length
2. Key values
4. Key construction