Flashcards in ITIL Test Cards Deck (42)
List the ITIL Lifecycle Processes
1. Service Strategy
2. Service Design
3. Service Transition
4. Service Operations
5. Continual Serive Improvement
List the Service Strategy Processes
1. Service Portfollio Management
2. Financial Management for IT Services
3. Demand Management (not testable)
4. Business Relationship Management
List the Service Design Processes
1. Design Coordination
2. Service Catalog Management
3. Service Level Management
4. Availability Management
5. Capacity Management
6. IT Service Continuity Management
7. Supplier Management
8. Information Security Management
List the Service Transition Processes
1. Asset and Configuration Management
2. Change Management
3. Knowledge Management
4. Transition Planning & Support
5. Release & Deployment Management
6. Service Validation & Testing (not testable)
7. Change Evaluation (not testable)
List the Service Operation Processes
1. Incident Management
2. Problem Management
3. Request Fulfillment
4. Event Management
5. Access Management
List the 7-Step Improvement Process for CSI
1. Identify the strategy for improvement
2. Define what you will measure
3. Gather the data
4. Process the data
5. Analyze the information & data
6. Present & use the information
7. Implement improvement
Utility + Warranty =
An event that launches a process
Name the Service Provider Types
1. Type I - Internal Service Provider
2. Type II - Shared Service Provider
3. Type III - Exteral Service Provider
3 Financial Services for IT Processes
Business Case Structure
2. Methods & Assumptions
3. Business Impacts
4. Risk & Contingencies
Service Portfollio Areas
1. Service Pipeline
2. Service Catalog
3. Retired Services
Works to minimize the impact of incidents that arises.
Works to eliminate the underlying causes of incidents, thus improving service performance.
Involved in monitoring and automation efforts to ensure that services are managed effectively.
Works to enforce the Information Security Management policies and ensures users have access only to services they have rights or priviledges to access.
Handles and attempts to resolve requests from users that are not incident-related.
Scope of CSI
1. Overall health of ITSM
2. Continual alignment of the Service Portfollio
3. Maturity of IT processes for each service
4. Continual improvement of all aspects of the IT service & the assets that support them.
Used to establish an initial data point to determine if a service or process needs to be improved.
Assits in determining what should be improved & what methods would be best to assist in making improvements.
Used to record , categorize & prioritize all the improvement opportunities.
The CSI Register is stored as part of the ________.
SKMS - Service Knowledge Management System
Focused on component & application metrics such as performance and availability.
Technology Metrics (CSI)
CSF's, KPI's and activity metrics for the service manament processes themselves.
Process Metrics (CSI)
These metrics are the results of the end-to-end service.
Service Metrics (CSI)
Deming Cycle (CSI)
Plan - Do - Check - Act
- Define Overall Vision
- Business Need
- Tactical Goals
- Operational Goals
Identify the Strategy for Improvement
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the monentum going?
Six Steps of the CSI Model
The following four reasons drive ______.
Two kinds of KPI's
- Gap Analysis
- Balanced Scorecard
- Deming Cycle
Methods & Techniques of CSI
A set of specialized organizational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services.
A means of delivering value to customers by facilitating outcomes customers want to achieve without the ownership of specific costs and risks.
A generic term that includes IT infrastructure, people, money, or anything else that might help deliver an IT Service.
The ability of an organization, person, process, application, IT service or other configuration item to carry out an activity.
Resources are considered to be _____ of an organization.
Capabilities are ________ assets of an organization.
Any resource or capacity used by a service provider to deliver services to a customer.
A team or group of people and the tools or other resources they use to carry out one or more processes or activities.
Objective of the Service Transition