Flashcards in Laban's Movement Analysis Deck (12):
Who and why him\?
Rudolf Laban, dance/choreography perspective
-bring movement variety
What is "physical litteracy"?
the competency of a mover under many circumstances
What is the key point of Labans movement analysis?
to get away from thinging of gymnastics as just a sport
What are the four key questions to analyzing movement?
1) What moves?
2) Where does it move?
3) How does it move?
4) With whom or what does it move?
What are the three subheadings of "What moves?"?
3) Body Shape
What two subheadings do "Parts"(body parts) have?
- non contact
What 3 headings does "action" (independant or sequence) have?
- starting position
- ending position
What 4 parts of "Body Shape" are there?
- straight or bent
What are the 5 subheadings of "where it moves (space"?
- level (high, med, low height)
- planes (sagital, frontal, horizontal)
What are the 4 subheadings of "How it moves - effort"?
-Time: sudden or sustained(long, repeated)
- Weight: strong/heavy/explosive or light/soft/smooth
- Space: straight/direct or flexible/indirect
- Flow: free & ongoing or bound & stoppable