adj；Old-fashioned or outdated:
The antiquated clothing suddenly became popular.
adj; (Of a story or statement) of doubtful authenticity, although widely circulated as being true:
We doubted the apocryphal story
adj. of, in, or pertaining to water.
NISC welcomes your review and encourages you to search and compare results with other aquaticand marine resources.
n. approval; commendation.
Most of us desire the approbation of others - or, at worst, wish to avoid their condemnation.
inspiring horror, dismay, or disgust
We drove by an appalling traffic accident on the highway.
1. to make (someone) pleased or less angry by giving or saying something desired
They appeased the dictator by accepting his demands in an effort to avoid war.
2. to make (a pain, a problem, etc.) less painful or troubling; to allay
We had no way to appease our hunger.
ajd. able to understand situation or behaviour very well and very quickly, especially so that you can get an advantage for yourself
Ex. An astute politican always can response very quickly.
adj. of or relating to trees
Monkeys live in an arboreal habitat.
v. make amends or reparation
Ex. Richard was anxious to atone for his thoughtlessness.
1. showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks
2. showing an impudent lack of respect
Ex. The risks involved in such an audacious operation is high.
v.If you assuage an unpleasant feeling that someone has, you make them feel it less strongly.
Ex: To assuage his wife's grief, he took her on a tour of Europe...
1. a simple object (such as a tool or weapon) that was made by people in the past
The hidden cave contained many new prehistoric artifacts.
2. a false or inaccurate result or effect that is produced accidentally — usually + of
The weird grading system was an aritifact of the way the test was designed.
1. relating to or having a strict and simple way of living that avoids physical pleasure
He would never enjoy the ascetic life of monks.
requiring secret or mysterious knowledge
The electricity is arcane to the acient people.
capable of producing crops; suitable for farming; suited to the plow and for tillage:
Ex. Mr. Tang's farm has an arable land so he becomes rich.
a person empowered to decide matters at issue; judge; umpire.
Ex. Mr. Tang is arbiter and he can decide everything in his family.
representing or constituting an original type after which other similar things are patterned
The Beatles were the archetypal Britpop group.
1. Make a concerted or violent attack on; attack someone physically or emotionally;
Example Sentence: He used his writing to assail his strong disagreement with the governemnt.
1. marked by care and persistent effort
Example Sentence: James Samson has been assiduous for the last ten years just for the publishment of this book.