Flashcards in Life & Death Deck (8):
- The end of physical life
- When the physical body cease completely to function.
- Life in heaven after death.
- How Jesus describes how we need to live
- Those who have accepted God's grace and forgiveness will live forever with God upon death
- This face-to-face encounter with God is what is called 'heaven'.
- Those who have chosen to reject God's grace and forgiveness will live eternally outside of God's presence.
- This total lack of God for all eternity is what is called 'hell'.
- At the end of life, we will be faced with a choice to choose or reject God
- This decision leads to judgement and decide whether we go to heaven or hell
- The teaching authority of the Church, made of the bishops and Pope.
- The Magisterium is given grace by the Holy Spirit to faithfully interpret the Scriptures and Tradition.
- The raising of the body to life again after death.
- Christians believe that Jesus resurrected and that all people will experience it at the end of time.