Flashcards in Massage Intake/Assessment Deck (7)
1. How should you greet your new patient?
What should you avoid?
(smile) "Hi, my name is _________ and I'll be your therapist today; please come this way" (use hand gestures, return shake if offered)
Avoid "How are you?" and small talk, remain professional
2. After greeting patient and receiving health history, what should you inform and ask your client?
"Thank you for filling the HH form, we'll see that again if there are any changes to your health, or when we update it annually."
"Do you have any questions for me about the HH form?"
3. What do you always tell your patient about their health history information?
"All of your HH information is confidential, and written authorization is required to release information, unless required by law."
4. Reviewing the HH form, what 4 standard safety questions should you always ask your client?
2. PREV. INJURIES OR SURGERIES?
3. TYPICAL BLOOD PRESSURE?
4. ANY OTHER CONDITIONS NOT LISTED ON THE HH FORM?
5. After reviewing HH form, what 2 questions should you ask your client?
ANYTHING ABOUT THE MASSAGE YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT?
HOW IS YOUR GENERAL HEALTH?
ARE YOU TAKING ANY MEDICATIONS?
6. IF you need to interview your patient about a relevant medication, what 5 questions should you ask?
1. WHAT IS THE MEDICATION?
2. WHY IS IT PRESCRIBED?
3. HOW IS IT EFFECTIVE?
4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE IT?
5. ANY OTHER MEDS, SUPPLEMENTS/OTC?