Flashcards in Megie_Jonilah Test- Skin Deck (16):
1. For a layer to move from the basal layer to the top layer of the epidermis it takes....
2 weeks - 28. WKST- The Skin
2. How many layers are found in the epidermis
5- 27. BP- Skin
3. How does the skin help regulate body temperature?
By enabling excess heat to escape from the body 23.- Homeostasis Notes
21. On the skin diagram #5 is pointing to
The dead skin cells in the epidermis - 20. CLF- Skin Diagram
25. You have a new epidermis after...
3-5 weeks 27. BP- The Skin
28. Muscles associated with hair follicles and are positioned in such a way that they contract in reaction to cold or emotional stimuli.
Arrector pili - 20. CLF- Skin Diagram
37. The independent variable in our experiment with the Lab- Enzymes and Temperature was
Water temperature - 26. Lab Enzymes and Temperature
42. How many hydrogen peroxide molecules are there in the equation above.
2- 26. Lab Enzymes and Temperature
43. The bundle of smooth muscles associated with hair follicles is called
Arrector pili- 20. CLF skin diagram
48. How does the skin protect the body from disease?
By keeping disease-causing microorganisms from entering the body - 28. WKST- The Skin
53. The living cells in the epidermis are located
Beneath the dead cell- 20. CLF Skin Diagram
61. What can you conclude from the fact that your skin prevents harmful germs from entering your body
Germs can into your body through cuts and scrapes- 23. Homeostasis notes
68. What would not happen if the core body temperature was too low
Sweat would cool the body as it evaporated- 23. Homeostasis Notes
75. Prolactin production is encouraged in what type of feedback
Positive - 23. Homeostasis Notes
89. In the formula above what chemicals are present?
Hydrogen perixode, oxygen, water - 26. Lab Enzyme and Temperature