Mini Quiz 2 Flashcards
What is the horizontal line in the leisure ability model? What is the vertical line?
The horizontal line represents the purpose of intervention
The vertical line represents the degree of control
What are the three levels in LAM?
What are the sub categories of FI?
Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive, Spiritual
What is the purpose of intervention (client’s needs) in Functional Intervention?
to IMPROVE functional ability. Treatment as necessary antecedent to leisure involvement
What are the sub categories of LE?
Leisure awareness skills
Social interaction skills
Leisure resource skils
Leisure activity skills
What are the sub sub categories of LE, Leisure awareness?
- knowledge of leisure (benefits, barriers)
- self-awareness (actual/perceived abilities)
- leisure and play attitudes (origin of personal beliefs and values about leisure)
- leisure related decision making skills (leisure planning skills)
What are the sub sub categories of LE, Social interaction skills?
- communication skills (assertiveness, negotiation)
- relationship building skills (greeting, friendship dev.)
- self-presentation skills (politeness, etiquette, hygiene)
What are the sub sub categories of LE, Leisure resource skills?
- activity opportunities (wide range of opportunities)
- personal resources (finances, education, athleticism)
- family and home resources (TV, books, games, plants, bathtub)
- community resources (clubs, rec centre, golf courses, library)
- provincial and national resources (parks, heritage sites, museums)
What are the sub sub categories of LE, Leisure activity skills?
- traditional leisure skills (sports, dance, aquatics)
- non-traditional leisure skills (TV, computer, shopping)
What is the purpose of intervention in Leisure Education?
To Acquire leisure knowledge and skills
acquisition of related knowledge and skills
What are the sub categories of recreation participation?
practice and application of skills inclusion in community services normalization of institutional routines focus on well aspects expression of a leisure lifestyle diversion or palliative care
What is the purpose of intervention in recreation participation?
engage in organized participation opportunities
acquired leisure ability participated in voluntarily
What is the goal of the leisure ability model?
a satisfying and fulfilling leisure lifestyle
What is the role of the TRS in FI?
What is the role of the TRS in LE?
What is the role of the TRS in RP?
Who has the control in FI?
Who has the control in LE?
Who has the control in RP?
Intervention is based on the client’s…
What are the 2 components that lead to well-being in the Leisure and Well Being model?
- enhancing leisure experiences
2. developing leisure resources
The LWB or LWM model is guided by research in what theories?
- leisure behaviour theory
- positive emotion theory/positive psychology
What are the 5 leisure experiences in LWM?
savouring leisure authentic leisure leisure gratification mindful leisure virtuous leisure
what is savouring leisure?
paying attention to the positive aspects of emotions associated with leisure involvement and purposely seeking leisure experiences that create positive emotions
appreciating the moment