Flashcards in Module 5 Out Of Home Care Deck (22):
When is case management involved in removal?
Any changes from yes to no in the safety analysis questions
What do you want to consider when choosing an appropriate out of home placement for the child?
- Meets the child's individual needs
- Least restrictive
- Minimize moves
What are out of home placements from least to most restrictive?
- Noncustodial parents
- Foster family home
- Residential group care (group home)
- Medical/therapeutic foster care
- Residential treatment facility
What are disqualification for background checks?
Felony and conviction of felonies within the previous five years
What are some considerations for out of home placements?
Physical conditions of the home and caregiver's appropriateness and protective capacities
What are the attachments for the home-study?
- Acknowledgment of firearm safety
- Water safety addendum
- Safe sleeping
- Sex offender neighborhood search
- Financial Documentation
What is OPHA?
Other Parent Home Assessment
What qualification is needed to be eligible for the Relative Caregiver Program?
Must be a relative of the 5th degree by blood or marriage
What are the types of medical care and treatment?
Why does psychotropic medication needs informed consent?
Because they are mood altering
What is pre-consent?
For children 11 and younger who take 2 or more medications
When should psychotropic medication be documented in FSFN?
Within 3 days of being administered
What is CRR?
- Child Resource Record (yellow jacket)
- Contains basic legal, demographic, educational, medical and psychological information
What is IEP?
Individualized education plan
What is a surrogate parent?
- Individual appointed to act in the place of a parent in educational decision-making
- Cannot be child welfare employee or teacher
- Can be foster parent caregiver or GAL
What is family time?
Meaningful and regular contact intended to allow the parents the opportunity to gain confidence and practice the behaviors they are learning or gaining from service providers
How often should siblings visit each other?
Once a week
What are the five stages of grief?
- Shock and denial
- Despair and depression
What is exit interview?
- Completed for any child 5 years old until 18th and resided for at least 30 days
- Completed 5 days within leaving placement
How often are visitations done after reunification?
Weekly or biweekly for the first month
When is transition planning done?
Within 90 days of 18th birthday