Flashcards in Paper 1 - A Christmas Carol Deck (8)
Quotes on: Scrooge
- If they had rather die...they had better do it and decrease the surplus population.
- Oh! but he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone.
- No warmth could warm, no wintry weather chill him.
- I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy
- Looked upon him with such favour that he begged like a boy to be allowed to stay
- why its ali baba... when yonder solitary child was left here alone, he did come
- I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me
- And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!
- darkness is cheap and scrooge liked it
- Solitary as an oyster' & 'Hard and Sharp as a flint
- The mention of his name cast a dark shadow on the party, which was not dispelled for a full five minutes
- Scrooge hung his head to hear his own words quoted by the Spirit, and was overcome with penitence and grief
Quotes on: Bob Cratchit
- tried to warm himself at the candle
Quotes on: Supernatural
- (Past) The Spirit gazed upon him mildly. Its gentle touch, though it had been light and instantaneous, appeared still present to the old man's sense of feeling
- (Present) Its dark brown curls were long and free; free as its genial face, its sparkling eye, its open hand, its cheery voice, its unconstrained demeanour, and its joyful air.
- (Future) a solemn Phantom, draped and hooded, coming, like a mist along the ground, towards him.
- Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me by an altered life
Quotes on: The Cratchits/Family
- The two young cratchits set chairs for everybody, not forgetting themselves
- He was a second faster. He became as good a friend as good a master and as good a man
Quotes on: Christmas
- After a while they played at forfeits; for it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself
Quotes on: Rich vs Poor
Quotes on: Goodwill and kindness
- This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both...
- a stale and shrivelled hand, like that of age, had
pinched, and twisted them, and pulled them into
- Laughed all over himself from his shoes to his organ of benevolence and called out