Flashcards in Personality 1 Deck (10):
What is the prevalence of personality disorder in the general population?
What is the percentage of individuals with personality disorders have a comorbid Axis I illness?
Cluster C personality disorders have higher rates of what family of psychiatric illnesses among relatives?
Twin-twin studies of personality disorders shows what?
Which Personality Disorder correlates with the following findings:
1. EEG finding of diminished P300 event related potential, reflecting problems with working memory.
2. Decreased skin conductance?
3. Decreased parietal lobe volume?
4. Abnormal saccadic movements of eyes?
5. Shared genetic relationship with Schizophrenia
1. Antisocial PD and Borderline PD
2. Antisocial PD
3. Borderline PD
4. Schizotypal PD
5. Schizotypal PD
What are 4 common MATURE defenses?
What is the Mature Defense HUMOR?
Appropriate use of humor to reframe view point and decrease catastrophizing.
What is the Mature Defense Sublimation?
Unacceptable impulses directed towards socially acceptable projects.
Example: You feel anxious after a fight so you go for a job to expel the nervous energy.
You a dumped, so you take the sad feelings and channel them into poetry.
What is the Mature Defense of Altruism?