Flashcards in Physics Equations (from memory) Deck (27):
What is the Earth's gravitational field strength? (Equation AND actual Numerical value(s))
• Weight / Mass
• 10 / 9.8 / 9.81
Equation for Weight?
Mass x Gravitational Field Strength
Work Done? (2 ways)
• Force x Distance
• Power x Time
How could you find spring constant?
Force applied to the spring / extention
How would you find extension?
Force applied to the spring / spring constant
How do you calculate the force applied to a spring?
Spring constant x Extension
What are the 3 equations for force?
• Work Done / Distance
• Moment of a Force /Distance
• Pressure x Area
Mass / Volume
Mass / Density
Force / Area
How would you find the area of a surface?
Force Applied / pressure
How would you find speed?
Distance / Time
Mass x Acceleration
What are the 2 ways to find acceleration?
• Change in Velocity / Time taken
• Resultant Force / Mass
How could you find Velocity? (2/3 ways)
• Acceleration x Time taken (finds change in Velocity)
• √Kinetic Energy / (0.5 x Mass)
• Momentum / Mass [HIGHER TIER ONLY]
0.5 x Mass x (Velocity)²
Gravitational Potential Energy?
Mass x Gravitational Field Strength x Height
State how to find the height of something
Gravitational Potential Energy / (Mass x Gravitational Field Strength)
Energy Transfer? (4 ways)
• Power x Time
• Charge Flow x Potential Difference
• Useful Out Put Energy Transfer / Efficiency (total input energy transfer)
• Total Input Energy Transfer x Efficiency (useful output energy transfer)
Momentum? [HIGHER TIER ONLY]
• Mass x Velocity
Frequency x Wavelength
Wavespeed / Frequency
Wavespeed / Wavelength
What are the 2 ways to find charge flow?
• Current x Time
• Energy Transferred / Potential Difference
List the 4 ways to find current
• Charge Flow / Time
• Potential Difference / Resistance
• Power / Potential Difference
• √Power / Resistance
Potential Difference? (3 ways)
• Current x Resistance
• Power / Current
• Energy Transferred / Charge Flow