Flashcards in Practical Skills Assessed In Written Examinations Deck (9)
What are the 4 practical skills needed to complete PAG Tasks?
What is included in planning?
- Designing experiments
- Identifying variables top be controlled
- Evaluating the experimental method
What is included in implementing?
- Using a range of practical apparatus
- Carrying out a range using appropriate units for measurements
- Record data and observations in an appropriate format.
What is included in analysis?
- Processing, analysing, and interpreting results
- Analysing data using appropriate mathematical skills
- Using Significant figures appropriately
- Plotting and interpreting graphs
What is included in evaluation?
- Evaluating results to draw conclusions
- Identify anomalies
- Explain limitations in experimental procedures
- Identifying uncertainties and calculating percentage errors
- Suggesting improvements to procedures and apparatus
What is there is the 'Skills Checklist' while planning?
- Selecting apparatus and equipment
- Selecting appropriate techniques
- Selecting appropriate quantities of chemicals and scale of working
- Solving chemical problems in a practical context
- Applying chemistry concepts top practical problems
What is there is the 'Skills Checklist' while implementing?
- Understanding practical techniques and processes
- Identifying hazards and safe procedures
- Using appropriate units
- Recording qualitative observations accurately
- Recording a range of quantitative measurements
- Using the appropriate apparatus
What is there is the 'Skills Checklist' while analysing?
- Interpreting qualitative observations
- Analysing quantitative experimental data
- For graphs;
+selecting and labelling axes with appropriate scales, quantities, and units
+Drawing tangents and measuring gradients and intercepts