Flashcards in Pre-employment Deck (13):
Can we give surgical clearance?
No only evaluate
High risk surgeries include?
1. Aortic and major vascular sx
2. peripheral vasccular sx
For elective surgery evaluate...
1. focus on CV and planned anesthesia
For emergent surgery evaluate
rapid assessment of CV, VS, volume status, hct., lytes, renal function, UA, EKG
Diseases that increase perioperative risk
1. HTN, CAD, cerebral vascular diseases
3. Pulm dx
4. renal dx
5. hematologic disorders
Components of severe aortic stenosis
1. mean pressure gradient > 40mmHg
2. aortic valve less than 1.0cm
3. symptomaic (dyspnea, syncope, angina)
4. GET CARDIOLOGY CONSULT
Components for symptomatic mitral stenosis
1. progressive dyspnea on exertion
2. exertional presyncope
3. HF- dyspnea, syncope, angina
Do patients on BB stay on them before surgery?
Contraindications to BB before vascular surgery
2. AV block
3. BB intolerance
What is obesity BMI
What is hypoventilation related to obesity called?
If restrictive or obstructive pulm disease determine what?
1. functional capacity
2. response to bronchodilaors
3. in hospital obtain spirometry or ABG