Product standard for quality management
- Standards that are applied to the software that is being developed, and that define essential features and characteristics of the software
Process standard for quality management
- Standards that define the processes to be followed during software development
- Provides an independent check on software development process.
- Desired product qualities
- Quality assessment process
- Organizational standards
Quality is subjective
- The subjective quality of a software system is largely based on non-functional characteristics.
Process and product quality
- Quality of a developed product is influenced by the quality of production process.
- Quality culture is needed to achieve this.
Importance of standards
- Encapsulation of best practice
Problems with standards
- Not up-to-date
- Tedious form-filling work
- Standards that can be used as a basis for developing quality management systems
Reviews and inspections
- Group examines part or all of a process or system to find potential problems
Phases in the review process
- Pre-review activities
- Review meeting
- Post review activities
Quality in agile
- Shared good practice
- Two people are responsible for code development
- Any type of measurement related to software system