Flashcards in Random Deck (7):
What is a "Systems Owner"?
- People whose jobs involve sponsoring and funding the project to develop, operate, and maintain the information system
What is a "Project Manager"?
- Responsible for ensuring systems developed on time, w/in budget, and w/acceptable quality
- Develop baseline schedule and budget
What is an "Application Program"?
- A machine readable representation of what a software process is supposed to do
What is "Rapid Architected Analysis"?
- Analysis techniques derive system models from existing system or discovery prototypes
- An example of accelerated systems analysis approach
What is Open Database Connectivity (OBDC)?
- Tools allow app programs to work w/ different database mgmt systems w/out having to be re-written
- A type of Middleware
What are examples of signs the indicate a mature IT governance?
- IT priorities driven by business strategies, whereas in basic IT governance, IT priorities are driven by IT community and/or IT dept.
- This continuum from basic to mature IT Governance exists on factors like how IT adds value, BoD involvement, and portfolio mgmt