Flashcards in Recall (Limitations) Deck (128)
What are the "Airbus Golden Rules"?
1. Fly, navigate, communicate in that order with appropriate task sharing.
2. Use the appropriate level of automation at all times.
3. Understand the FMA at all times.
4. Take action if things do not go as expected.
This airplane is certified in the public transport category (passengers and freight) for day and night operations, in the following conditions when the appropriate equipment and instruments required by the airworthiness an operating regulation are approved, installed, and in an operable conditions:
- VFR and IFR
- Extended overwater flight
- Flight in icing conditions
- Maximum 180 passenger seats (A321: 220)
What are the parameters included in the stabilised approach criteria?
1. Aircraft is on the correct flight path with small changes to maintain this correct flight path.
2. The aircraft speed is with +10 to -5 speed target.
3. Correct landing configuration.
4. Sink rate is no greater than 1000fpm below 1000'HAA.
5. Appropriate thrust setting for the configuration.
6. All briefings + checklist are completed.
Minimum flight crew
Flight maneuvering load acceleration limits
-1G to +2.5G
0G to +2.0G
Maximum taxi weight
77,400kg (A321: 93,400kg)
Maximum takeoff weight
77,000kg (A321: 93,000kg)
Maximum landing weight
66,000kg (A321: 77,800kg)
Maximum zero fuel weight
62,500kg (A321: 73,800kg)
37,230kg (A321: 47500kg)
Mean runway slope
9,200 feet (VH-VWT: 12,000 feet)
Nominal runway width
Jetstar narrow runway width limit
Crosswind limits for takeoff & landing on narrow (30m) runways?
Dry 38 knots, wet 33 knots
Dry 30 knots, wet 20 knots
(All figures include gust)
Maximum demonstrated crosswind
38 knots (including gust)
T/O: 10 knots (VH-VWT & VH-VWY & VH-VWZ: 15 knots)
LDG: 10 knots (VH-VFT & VH-VFY & VH-VWT: 15 knots)
(Autoland & rollout remains 10 knots, landing with 15 knots tailwind, only FLAPS FULL is permitted)
Maximum wind for passenger door operation
Maximum wind speed for cargo door operation
40 knots (or 50 knots, if the aircraft nose is oriented into the wind, or the cargo door is on the leeward side)
Maximum speed for config 1 (slats 18, flaps 0) in the air
230 knots (A321: 235 knots)
Maximum speed for config 1+F (slats 18, flaps 10) on the ground
215 knots (A321: 225 knots)
Maximum speed for config 2 (slats 22, flaps 15)
200 knots (A321: 215 knots)
Maximum speed for config 3 (slats 22, flaps 20)
185 knots (A321: 195 knots)
Maxim speed for config FULL (slats 27, flaps 40) when landing
177 knots (A321: 190 knots)
Maximum operating altitude with slats and/or flaps extended is
Maximum speed with landing gear extended (VLE)
280 knots / M0.67
Maximum speed at which the LG may be extended (VLO extension)
250 knots / M0.60
Maximum speed at which the LG may be retracted (VLO retraction)
220 knots / M0.54
Maximum altitude at which the landing gear may be extended