AIRCRAFT LIGHTING CONFIGURATION
8 LIGHT SETS
- NAVIGATION LIGHTS: ON when aircraft energized
- LOGO LIGHTS: ON below 10,000' MSL from SS to SR AND during LOW VIS ops
- RED BEACON LIGHTS: ON when one or more engines are running OR during airplane movement
- TAXI (NOSE) LIGHTS: ON during ground movement (OFF for takeoff, in flight and when stopped)
TAXI (SIDE) LIGHTS:
- ON for ground taxi (if needed), ON from Takeoff to 10,000' MSL and from 10,000'MSL till off the active runway (landing)
- OFF when aircraft is stopped (required)
- STROBE LIGHTS: ON upon entering the runway for takeoff and OFF after exiting the active runway (also at PIC discretion)
- LANDING LIGHTS: ON for takeoff and landing.
- INSPECTION LIGHTS: when visual inspection of the wing surface is required.
AOM I: 3-104 SMAC
General - Air Supply - Tailwind - Packs Logic
- Can be done simult w/pushback. Can be done during TAXI ONLY IF APU is bleed source
- APU preferred air source w/min duct pressure of 33 psi
- If necessary to start with tailwind monitor N1, if NO positive inc. of N1 before starter cutout (50% N2) engine start must be ABORTED MANUALLY
Packs Logic During Engine Start:
- w/ REF ECS to ON the caution EICAS message 'ENG REF ECS DISAG' may be temporarily displayed after both engiens have started and are stabilized at idle.
AOM I: 3-104 SMAC
Procedures and Indications
- N2 increasing
- IGN at 7% N2 - Fuel Flow at approx 20% N2
- ITT rise - w/in 30 seconds of fuel flow indication
- May see transient LP or HP high vibe indication (w/out any other abnormal engine parameter) - Normal
- IGN - goes out at approx 50% N2
- ITT limit reschedules to 965'C = "NORMAL START"
- N1: approx 20% ITT: 450'C range (redline reset to 965') N2: stable at 58.5% (or more w/in 90 sec) FF: approx 550 pph
- Oil Pressure: between 25-95 psi