Flashcards in Small and large plaque parapsoriasis Deck (16)
Onset of parapsoriasis:
What is gender predilection for parapsoriasis?
Describe lesions of SPP and the classic distribution.
Scaly patches< 5cm in Bathing suit distribution.
Which lymphomas is Small plaque PS associated with?
A variant of SPP is _____ and presents with _____.
- digitate dermatosis
- long finger-like patches along cleavage lines on the flanks
How does Large PPS present clinically and what is distribution?
- scaly patches> 5cm in size in bathing suit distribution
What is the clinical course of SPP?
- wax and wane in course the either resolve spontaneously or with treatment after several years
Large PPS may progress to _____ with a risk of ____ % in ____ amount of time
- Mycosis fungicides
- 10-35% risk in 6-10 years
Variant of Large PPS is _____
- retiform parapsoriasis
Retiform parapsoriasis (variant of Large PPS) almost always does what?
- progresses to MF
How does retiform parapsoriasis look clinically?
- wide-spread erythematous scaly patches in a net-like distribution
How do you diagnose parapsoriasis?
Biopsy of parapsoriasis will show:
- parakeratosis (corresponding to scale clinically)
- mild acanthosis and spongiosis
- mild lymphocytic infiltrate at DEJ, predominantly CD4 +
- may have T-cell clonality
Treatment of parapsoriasis?
- topical corticosteroids and various photo therapies
pathogenesis of parapsoriasis?