When using the 3M Avagard what are the steps?
- Hand washing prior to administration (Clean under nails)
- Dry hands
- Dispense one pump into hand(2 mL)
- With opposite hand work into nails and then up arm to elbow
- Dispense second pump (2 mL) and repeat with other hand
- Dispense final pump (2 mL) and reapply to both hands
- DO NOT DRY HANDS WITH A TOWEL
T/F: Items used within a sterile field must be sterile.
All areas of doubtful sterility are considered __________
Movement ______ or ______ the sterile field must not contaminate the sterile field.
A sterile barrier that is __________ must be considered contaminated.
The edges of a sterile package are considered ________ once the package is opened.
Table are sterile only at ______ level.
Sterile persons and items _______only sterile persons and items.
Unsterile persons and items touch only ________ persons
Front of the gown is sterile from the ______ line down to ______ level.
Arms of the gown are sterile from gloved hands to _ inches above the elbows.
Backs of gowns are ________.
Stockinette cuffs of gown sleeves are _______ and must be _________ by gloves