Flashcards in Sustainability Deck (5)
What are the 3 Rs
Sustainability is the use of _____ at a rate that allows natural _____ and minimises ____ to the environment.
What are the sustainable targets for the millennium?
- Reverse loss of forests
- Halve the proportion without improved drinking water in both urban and rural areas
- Improve the lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers by 2020
What is ecological footprint increased by?
- greater reliance on fossil fuels
- increased use of technology/energy
- a meat-rich diet
- population growth
- high level of imported resources (Bermuda)