Flashcards in Test 1 SG Deck (50):
1. What type of meiotic division does the primary oocyte stop during the prenatal period (prior to puberty)?
The first polar body contains
3. Development and proliferation of the notochord induces:
neural plate formation
4. The notochordal process grows cranially from the primitive pit until it reaches the _________ and stops:
5. The oropharyngeal membrane contains mesoderm: T or F
6. Cloacal membrane eventually becomes the:
7. Which produce testosterone in adolescent males?
8. After ovulation the secondary oocyte is surrounded by a layer of follicular cells called:
9. Oogonia are present in 21 year old women? T or F
10. The first polar body is formed after the:
first meiotic division
11. Ovarian follicular cells secrete mostly:
12. The second polar body contains:
small amounts of cytoplasm
13. According to Albertus Magnus, what controls conception?
14. A primary oocyte contains 22 autosomes and the following:
one x chromosome
15. As the bilaminar disk becomes a trilaminar disk, epiblast cells migrate through the:
16. Because of Aristotle’s teaching, French Noblemen had their left testicle removed to ensure:
they would have male offspring
17. Neural crest cells are the premordium of:
Fusion of neural folds form the
Fusion of lateral folds form
Notochord becomes part of the following in neonate
If fertilization occurs in corpus lutea
Produces progesterone to support the pregnancy
Which hormone stimulates testosterone production in males
Lutenizing hormone (LH)
Each somite is innervated by how many spinal nerves
The cardiogenic area in the trilaminar disk is ____ to the oropharyngeal membrane
The fluid filled cavities that develop in the lateral embryonic mesoderm are called
The muscels of the back are derived from what part of the somite
Epaxial part of myotome
One spermatid ultimately yields how many mature sperm
After fertilization, the zona pellucida becomes
The inner cell mass of a blastomere becomes the
If pregnancy occurs, what phase of the menstral cycle does not occur?
The prechordial plate is a thickening of the cells on the cranial end of the ____ layer of the embryoblast
As the notochord grows new cells are added to the caudal end
T or F
The neural plate invaginates beginning on day 18, this forms the
The neural crest cells are located between what and what
Neural tube and surface ectoderm
Each somite is associated with how many dermatomes
Epaxial muscles are innervated by what
Dorsal primary rami
The lateral body walls are formed from the ectoderm and what?
During the initial stages of cardiac development, the atria are what to the ventricles
Secondary villi have a core of what that develop blood vessels
Neural crest cells normally seperate from the overlying ectoderm
T or F
The notochord is what to the neural tube
Somites develop from what part of the mesoderm?
Which part of the somite becomes the axial skeleton
The hypaxial portion of themyotome develops what muscles
One oogonia can eventually become how many secondary oocytes
The corona radate surrounding an unfertilized secondary oocyte contains how mnay polar bodies
The synchytiotrophoblast produces what that helps to maintain the pregnancy?
Cell division that is occuring in the arm of a 20 y/o female is called meiosis
T or F
Meiosis produces a cell with how many chromosomes?