Flashcards in Test- Circulatory System Deck (27):
2. What type of tissue in the heart pumps blood through the body?
Muscle tissue pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
6. What type of muscle tissue is found in the heart and pumps blood through the body?
Smooth muscle tissue pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
7. If your pulse rate decreases, your heart is beating
Slower than before pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
10. Place the following events is sequence: A) the atria begins to fill up with blood; B) the valve between the atria and ventricle close; C) blood is pushed out of the heart
A,B,C pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
15. Through which type of circulation does blood flow to your hands and feet?
Systematic pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
19. When the ventricles contract blood is pumped
Our of the heart pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
20. What causes blood pressure?
The force with which the ventricles contract pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
23. What word best describes the beating of the heart and the circulation of blood?
Automatic pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
24. What is the function of the group of cells in the heart called the pacemaker?
Sending out signals to make the heart muscle contract pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
26. In which vessels are materials exchanged between the blood and the body's cells?
Capillaries pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
31. How does pulmonary circulation differ from systematic circulation?
Systematic circulation occurs throughout the body; pulmonary circulation occurs in the heart and lungs pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
34. Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart are called?
Arteries pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
36. What role does your brain play in the circulation of blood through the body?
It signals the heart to beat pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
The left ventricle pumps blood to the
False it's to the right lungs pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
42. Blood flows from the heart to the body through veins
False it's atrteries not veins pg. 73. Exterior5FHeart
43. The force with which the ___________ regulates the rate at which the heart beats
Ventricles/heart pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
44. The group of cells called the _______ regulates the rate at which the heart beats
Pacemaker pg. 68. WKST Then Body Transport System
45. Blood that is rich in oxygen leaves the heart through the blood vessels known as ______
Aorta pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
53. The circulatory system carries the needed materials, oxygen, and ___________ to the body cells?
Glucose, nutrients pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
54. Blood is pumped through blood vessels by the action of the organ known as the __________
Heart pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
55. Substances are exchanged between the blood and body cells in the blood vessels known as
Capillaries pg.68. WKST Then Body Transport System
56. Is the left ventricle high in oxygen or low in oxygen?
High in oxygen because it has just come from the left atrium which receives oxygen-rich blood from the lungs pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
57. After leaving the right atrium where does blood flow?
The right ventricle pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
61. What are the blood vessels called in the left atrium and what level of oxygen does it have?
It is pulmonary veins and its high in oxygen. Pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
64. Where does the pathways of blood start?
The two vena cavaes which are superior and inferior pg.73. Exterior5FHeart
64. After the pulmonary trunk where does the blood go to and is the blood oxygenated or deoxygenated?
Pulmonary arteries deoxygenated pg.73. Exterior5FHeart