Flashcards in Values Of Care Deck (8)
Features of promoting equality and diversity
- Understanding and not showing prejudice.
- Understanding and valuing diversity.
- Understanding the bases of discrimination.
Features of promoting individuals rights and beliefs
• The right to be/have;
• Maintain confidentiality
Features of maintaining confidentiality
- Not passing on information about a client to someone else orally or written.
- ‘need to know’ - professionals or people who should know and can help the client.
Keeping children _______.
Features and example
- Preventing accidents and protect health
- Locks on outdoor gates surrounding the school
Working in _______ with ______.
Partnerships ….. Families
- Parents have their view and should be listened to
- Daily journeys to go home which shows a child’s progress
- Traditions to be celebrated and discussed in classes
- Info about children and families not shared without permission.
- Not telling Info over the phone if someone claims to be a family member and isn’t
Working with ______
- Respect shown for their practitioners
- Using professional terms like ‘Miss’ infront of children