Flashcards in Vince's Notes Deck (101):
Pole top pin.
• Secondary Triplex
2 hot legs with one neutral
a group of capacitors or transformers mounted together
Guy wire dispenser
an insulator with a singlewide skirt which can attach to another insulator
• Blanket ir
Improvement requisitions for construction jobs under $25,000
American wire gauge (wire size).
• Quadaplex wire
3 hot legs with 1 neutral.
*Always 1 neutral wire on triplex or quad.
• Sch. 80 and 40
refers to thickness of conduit.
• A hand hole
is a small vault.
• Hand holes are made of polymer concrete or with high-density polychylene plastic.
is the transaction for job returns
Dual primary voltages capabilities of a transformer
*x label designates a primary voltage of 7200v.
*The N label designates a 25kva unit.
*The h label designates a 15kva unit.
• Cross arms
Typical size: 9-8 pins. Others include: 2,4,6,8,10 pin
• Puget arms are made of Douglas fir.
• Wooden cross arms are predrilled with insulator pinholes and mounting holes.
Conductor energized at over 750 volts.
Conductor energized below 750 volts
• Single phase
a voltage that is generated in a single winding of a generator. Abbreviated as 10.
• Three phase
A polyphase system of three equal voltages with fixed phase differences. Abbreviated as 30.
Underground fault locator.
Lines and equipment from a primary source of supply to distribution center of wholesale point. Typically a higher voltage then distribution
- Lines and equipment between transmission facilities and point of delivery to the customer.
The configuration of attaching guys, insulators and cross arms to poles.
In line construction where the conductor is terminated on one or both sides of a cross arm.
A type of pole construction using two or more poles and the poles are joined by cross arms and or braces
Electrical connection between two points
Conductor which runs from point of service (transformer or hand hole) to customers service entrance.
A length of underground (ug) wire between two points
Material removed from service.
Preformed guy grip.
• P.E. Gas Pipe
A shelf life of two years before having to go into service
(most common at PSE) shipped in 20’ lengths.
• SCH 40
is shipped in 10’ lengths (substation use only)
• SCH 80
Shipped in 10’ lengths (used where higher strength is needed).
Material Safety Data Sheet.
• Inspection Code A
The basic inspection provided by stores personnel to ensure the material arrived undamaged and conforms to description of purchase order (p.o.)
• Inspection Code B
This inspection is product specific and administered by performance group
First in First out.
Last in First out
Delete/change requisition of materials (when changing always check status tab to see if p.o. has been created).
Transfer posting into blocked stock.
After creating the requisition, it will first need to be emailed to the planners for their approval to release material.
*Migo- Leaves overhead.
*MBST- cancels all overhead cost.
To change use reservation icon and select change after you have created reservation.
• Transaction (ZMRSTDCAT)
To display material info and specs. OR long text in SAP:
-Right click on 1000 inventory quantity.
-Click on display material.
-Click on GOTO(1).
-Click on purchase order text.
*Information on material is there.
• Reviewing MRP for proper order procedure
Example would be to see if item is stores stocked (Zi) or contract item (ZZ).
an internal document used for initiating an order to the purchasing department for goods and services
• Release orders are processed
against an out-line agreement contract
• Direct sales solicitation by suppliers should be
referred to standards
• All purchase requisitions should be
approved by planners/supervisors/management
• Ordering of PVC conduit for common carrier load through central stores is accomplished by
an email form
• A specialty item (non-coded) is
stores materials which is not centrally stocked at all stocking store rooms (all of above).
• Material ordered from a stocked storeroom may not be
available in all cases
• Review of quantities and descriptions of incoming orders at central stores is done by the
• When transferring material to central stores the transferring storeroom enters
• Operations employees
have the responsibility to prepare the bad order equipment tool tags for defective material
• Obsolete material
Materials, which have been determined to be of no further use
• SAP- Assigns stores material codes
• Material management supervisor
Has the responsibility of determining the annual inventory schedule.
• Internal Auditing
May visit during an inventory to verify material and count
• Stores adjustment forms
Are for discrepancies and inventory adjustments.
• Padmount switches
Are not within meter department responsibility
• Standard Spec
When ordering material, it ensures that material received is the correct product purchased
• Common carrier
A commercial freight truck
Approved manufacturers index
• Process a repair request with a “y” by:
Issuing from truck, then transfer from stock
• To process a repair request with an “N”:
issue from truck
• Shipping records
Normally from Nis or non-coded material stuff that we don’t have to enter into sap. Want signatures so we can track items
• Non-stores stock material is always obtained through
a purchase requisition. And has to go through purchasing.
• Vendors and suppliers
supply us with our material
Minimum recorder point. For recorder points and inventory levels for our materials. Planners are MRP Controllers.
• 3 r’s
Release orders, reservations, requisitions
• A purchase requisition for material is sent to
purchasing department. Needs purchasing’s approval for the material. We go through purchasing to obtain our material.
• Ordering of Pvc conduit by our svc center bases….
They can only order two bundles of each type at a time from central stores. If they need more they need to order through supplier directly.
• In case of stock out condition:
First contact other storerooms for availability of material needed. If not available at nearby storerooms contact material planners.
Oh sorry we’re out!
• Defective material
Material that doesn’t match manufacturers specifications on p.o.
• Scrap shipping records
Scrap metal that is unable and has certain market value and is shipped for scrap
all storerooms have a yearly inventory
• If coded item isn’t on the inventory sheet, add to the bottom of sheet and put location found.
• Large dollar items require two people to count.
Used to track movement of materials (see who is ordering what)
• Obsolete material
has no further use the company and is written off.
• No gifts accepted
from suppliers(see CP6)
• Copper wire & Aluminum wire
have lower resistances
• Steele has higher resistance, primarily used for guying.
• The cost of copper affected the change to
use aluminum wire in PSE’s system.
• 750 kcmil=
• Black jacket with motion
Dual primary voltage (tap changer on transformer)
• Substations reduce and increase
• Reservations need to be sent in by
noon of the day before drayage
• Before sending in reservation
do an MB25 to see if a reservation already exists. Also check for backorders pending that will be shipped on order.
• Requisitions have to have
requestor’s name and phone number in head deck text
• For release order
you need to know which planner to email for release of material
• MRP Controller tab on sap contains
planners and what they are in charge of ordering
• A gang-operated switch operates
three phases at the same time
• A three phase and single phase padmount transformer sits
above ground on a vault
(the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act of 1973)
(the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
(the Division of Occupational Safety and Health)