Flashcards in Vocabulary Deck (27)
The health, happiness, and fortune of a person or group.
The government is concerned about the welfare of its senior citizens.
1. bovine animals, especially domesticated members of the genus Bos.
2. such animals together with other domesticated quadrupeds, as horses, swine, etc.
3. human beings.
a. One who cleans floors, for example, by scrubbing.
b. A brush, appliance, or abrasive that is used in cleaning.
c. An apparatus that is used for removing impurities from a gas.
a. A long, large, usually flatbottom boat for transporting freight that is generally unpowered and towed or pushed by other craft.
b. A large, open pleasure boat used for parties, pageants, or formal ceremonies.
1. Goods carried by a vessel or vehicle, especially by a commercial carrier; cargo.
2. A burden; a load.
3.a. Commercial transportation of goods.
3.b. The charge for transporting goods. Also called freightage.
4. A railway train carrying goods only.
1. Food for domestic animals; fodder.
2. The act of looking or searching for food or provisions.
1. to give up; to surrender
2. to give way to force or pressure (Ceder)
3. to produce naturally, grow etc
n. the amount produced by natural
1 a kind or breed (of animals, plants etc) (raça)
2 a tendency in a person's character (traço)
3 (often in plural) (the sound of) a tune (melodia)
1. In, to, through, or during every part of; all through
1. In or through all parts; everywhere
2. During the entire time or extent
1. The wormlike larva of a butterfly or moth. (lagarta)
2. Any of various insect larvae similar to those of the butterfly or moth.
1.a. time available for hobbies and other activities that you enjoy
1.b. free time
2. time that is free from duties or responsibilities
n.1. any wild plant, especially when growing among cultivated plants or where it is not wanted (erva daninha)
v.1. to remove weeds (from) "to weed the garden."
1. One charged with an offense or crime.
2. One guilty of a fault or crime.
1. To oppose with force or resolution.
2. To be successful in resisting. See Synonyms at oppose.
Hole, tunnel (toca)
1. To hold fast or adhere to something, as by grasping, sticking, embracing, or entwining
Having or showing a feeling of padronizing superiority
Cause (someone) to find something funny; Entertain
a. The opening of a volcano in the earth's crust.
b. An opening on the ocean floor that emits hot water and dissolved minerals.
Make (something) appear less important then it really is
The degree to something has spread;
The size or scale of something;
Fall, crash, decline, drop
by it's very nature
lacks sense and order
not an expert in a given field of knowledge