What do you know about our firm?
- Asset management firm focused on the water sector with ~$600m in AUM
- Started in 2005 with 2 other people (skiing buddies/friends from college), started with $3m in capital, and shared office space with Hasidic divorce lawyers
- 4 funds involved in water related equities and physical assets/water rights
What type of physical assets do we invest in? How doe we generate returns on those physical assets?
- Largely farmland and its associated water rights
- Sell/lease the water rights
- Operate the farm to generate crop yield to cover costs
What deals of ours have you followed?
Your purchase of Winnemucca Farms in Nevada and its associated water rights
- $10.5m deal
- 11,400 acres of land
What’s another recent water deal?
Harvard Endowment’s purchase of California vineyards and the associated water rights.
- Initially valued at ~$100m and now valued at over ~$300m