Flashcards in Warm up & Cool down Deck (9)
What is the purpose of a warm-up?
- To prevent injuries
- Increase the range of movement
- Prepares the mind
- gradually increases heart rate
- Increases flexibility of muscles and joints
- Increases speed of muscle contraction
What are the steps to a warm-up?
1. Pulse raiser
2. Mobility and stretches
3. Dynamic movement
4. Static stretches
What is the purpose of a pulse raiser and what do you do during a pulse raiser?
Raise your pulse
What is the purpose of mobility and stretches?
Stretches joints and muscles
What is the purpose of dynamic movement and practice?
Warms up skills for specific skills to the event being completed
What is the purpose of static stretches?
Increases motion at a joint
What is the purpose of a cool down?
- Allows the body to recover
- Prevents DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
- Removes lactic acid & waste products
- Lowers heart rate
- Gradually lowers temperature
- Continues to circulate blood and oxygen
What are the steps to a cool down?
- Low-intensity exercise
- Gentle stretching