Flashcards in 14 Deck (8)
cat scratch disease (skin lesion and lymphadenopathy, +/- fever,bartonella) treatment
anaphylaxis presentation and treatment
+/- hypotension, wheezing, hives, GI sx.
carpel tunnel syndrome features
pain and numbness in wrist and palmar surface of first three fingers with repetitive movement of wrist
Intertrigo (erythematous plaques and erosion in intertriginous regions), common bug and treatment
Etiology of paralytic ileus, and presentation of air in imaging
- metabolic (hypokalemia), medication induced, recent surgery
- possible distension
- reduced/absent bowel sounds
- air present in both small bowel and large bowel vs in SBO, no air in large bowel.
Children with sickle cell disease is at highest risk for what complication? What should they receive for management?
- daily penicillin administration
- vaccines (pneumococcal, meningococcus, haemophilus influenza)
highly suggestive test for testicular torsion
cremaster reflex--- absent in testicular torsion