Flashcards in 3.6 managing change Deck (7)
what are causes of business change?
- new ownership
- poor performance
- transformational leadership
what are key factors in change?
- size and culture
- speed and timing
reasons for resistance to change?
- self interest
- prefer present state
approaches used to overcome resistance to change?
- educate & communicate
- facilitate & support
- participation & innovation
- manipulate & co-option
- negotiate &bargain
what is scenario planning?
- process of a business analysing the current and future environment and anticipate potential risks
what does scenario planning involve?
- identify possible trends and future issues
- build possible scenarios
- plan responses
- identify probabilities and most likely scenarios
- put in place plan