Flashcards in 4. Digression: Design Standards and Guidelines Deck (6)
What are the 3 types of design rules ?
- Principles: independent of tech
- Guidelines: tech oriented
- Standards: authoritative
What are the 3 categories of Principles to Support Usability ?
- Robustness: level of support
When is a system easy to learn?
When it is:
When is a system flexible?
- allows freedom from artificial constraints
- user to do many tasks at a time
- tasks can migrate from user to system
- is customisable
When is a system robust ?
- users can evaluate state of the system of observation
- users can recover from errors
- when responses from system are prompt and stable