The biggest daily users of the UK ATC system are the major UK and Irish carriers…(8)
1.) British Airways
3.) Aer Lingus
4.) Virgin Atlantic
and charter airlines such as
6.) Thomson Airways
7.) Thomas Cook
8.) Monarch Airlines
The major companies of the UK’s geographical neighbours like _____ (France), _____ (the Netherlands), _____ (Spain), _____ (Germany), _____ (Sweden, Denmark and Norway), _____ (Italy) and _____ (Switzerland), not only operate to and from the UK, but also to the USA as well. This is as well as other operators from around the world.
- ) Air France
- ) KLM
- ) Iberia
- ) Lufthansa
- ) SAS
- ) Alitalia
- ) Swiss
Approximately how many flights pass through UK airspace each day?
The majority of airlines operate a mixture of _____ and _____ ACFT which operate on certain routes depending on the amount of traffic that route generates.
- ) Jet
2. ) Propeller
Heathrow to Newcastle could be a popular route so the aircraft which operate the route are _____ aircraft with over 130 seats. However, a route from Southampton to Newcastle may not be so popular, so the route is own by _____ aircraft with fewer seats than a _____ or by smaller _______ airliners.
- ) Jet
- ) Propeller
- ) Jet
- ) Regional Jet
Why are some jet ACFT not included in the question card decks ? (2)
- ) Some not as common today due to implementation of strict noise categories which operators must adhere to.
- ) ACFT are being replace by more modern, fuel efficient ACFT,
Seating capacity for propeller driven ACFT are usually less than…
As well as the passenger ACFT in there has been a marked increase in…
Private business jet travel
ACFT types now common in UK airspace due to the rise of business travel include…(4) and what sort of levels, speeds and routes are they doing?
- ) Gulfstreams, Cessna Citations, Dassault Falcons, and Canadair Challengers.
- )All of which can fly at slightly higher levels than passenger ACFT flying at around B757 speeds.
- ) They are used for short trips around the UK and Europe and also for longer transatlantic or Far East flights