Flashcards in Adolescents Deck (10):
Who is the primary influence on an adolescent?
HEADSS format for interviewing adolescents
Employment and education
What is the sexual maturity rating (SMR)?
It is the average of both Tanner Stages
Tanner Stages: Boys
2. Enlargement of the testes and scrotum. Scrotum roughens and reddens.
3. Penis enlongates.
4. Penis enlarges in width and develops glans. Rugae appear.
Tanner Stages: Girls
2. Breast buds.
3. Breast enlargement WITHOUT separate nipple contour.
4. Areola and nipple project as secondary mounds.
5. Adult breasts. Nipple retracts.
Tanner Stages: Boys and Girls
2. Sparse, pale, fine
3. Becomes darker, more, and curlier
4. Adult in character but not as voluminous
5. Adult pattern (to thighs)
What occurs at Tanner Stage 4 for girls?
What is precocious puberty?
puberty before 8yo in girls and before 9yo in boys
At what ages are the peak incidences of eating disorders?
Ages 14 and 18