Flashcards in Aircraft General: General Deck (23):
Description of the aircraft structure?
- All metal
- Low-wing, fully-cantilevered
- 13° Swept-back wings
What are the dimensions of the aircraft?
- Length: 58.4 ft.
- Width: 47.8 ft.
- Height: 14.1 ft.
Rule of thumb 60/50/15
What part of the aircraft is pressurized?
- From the pressure bulkhead to the aft pressure bulkhead
Personnel should maintain a minimum of how many feet when the radar is transmitting?
- 9 ft.
Refueling must not be performed within how many feet of the antenna scan area?
- 100 ft.
Where are the avionics located and how are they ventilated?
- Nose section
- Outflow air from the pressurized section then exhausted to the wheel well
How many total cabin windows?
- Lear 40 has 14 cabin windows
- Lear 45 has 16 cabin windows
What is the width of the cabin door?
- 30 in.
What will prevent the aircraft from pressurizing if the cabin door is not closed with the locking pins engaged?
- A vent flap on the door with a maximum .1 psi
How many pins does the cabin entry door contain?
- 12 pins total
- 8 upper door
- 4 lower door
What happens when you pull the internal latch handle on the emergency exit hatch?
- Extracts two spring loaded locking pins and door can be pulled inward only
What kind of windshield does this aircraft have and designed for?
- Resistant glass and polycarbonate material
- Withstand impact of (4) birds at 330 knots
What is the construction of the cabin windows?
- Two layers of acrylic plastic with air space in between
How many degrees are the wings swept?
How much wing twist and dihedral?
- 3°s of wing twist
- 2.5° of wing dihedral
How many triangles in the wing and it's purpose?
- 8 per wing
- To reenergize boundary airflow at high AOA
How many stall strips?
- 1 per wing
How many vortilons?
- 4 per wing
How many degrees is the vertical stabilizer swept and horizontal stabilizer?
- 41°s Vertical Stabilizer
- 29°s Horizontal stabilizer
What is the purpose of the delta fins?
- Provides enhanced stability
- Prevents deep stall characteristics
- Dampens dutch roll
- Reduced need for yaw damper
- Eliminates the need for a stick pusher
How many degrees can the nose steering provide on the taxi?
- 60°s at taxi speed; 70 knots decreases to 7°s
How many static wicks are on the aircraft and how many can they be broken?
- 19 Total
- 4 may be missing or broken on the inboards and on the aft vertical stabilizer fairing