Flashcards in Powerplant: General Deck (14):
What is the brand of this engine?
- TFE 731-20AR or 20BR
Thrust output of these engines?
- 3,500lbs. of max thrust
- 3,650lbs. of thrust with APR
Basic description of this aircraft?
- Two-spool (Hybrid Axial/Centrifugal)
- Hi-Bypass ratio (3:1)
Describe N1 spool
- 4-stage (LP) axial-compressor connected on a common shaft to 3 (LP) axial-turbines
Describe N2 spool
- 1 (HP) Centrifugal Impeller connected on a common shaft to a single stage (HP) turbine
- 107% N1
- 109% N2
Only in ENG CMPTr (ON) (MAN) Mode
What is a tower shaft?
- A shaft in between the last stage of the (LP) compressor and (HP) Impeller
- Its purpose is to drive the accessory gear box
What is a planetary gearbox?
- It is to reduce the speed of the (LP) common shaft for the fan
How many fuel nozzles per engine?
How many ignitors plugs per engine?
What is mounted on the accessory gearbox?
- 1. Fuel Pumps (HP/LP)
- 2. Oil Pump
- 3. Fuel Control Unit (FCU)
- 4. DC Starter/Generator
- 5. AC Alternator
- 6. Hydraulic Pump
- 7. Motive Flow Fuel Pump
Engine start sequence
- 1. Start button engages DEEC to activate starter
- 2. IGN on - 6.8% N2
- 3. Fuel - Positive N1
- 4. ITT within 10 seconds
- 5. OIL Press with 10 seconds of light-off
- 6. IGN off - 45% N2
- 7. START OFF - 50% N2
- 2N1/3TT/5N2/150 FF
- Generator online - 95% N1 ground idle
When will APR automatically come on?
- 15% differential thrust of N2