Flashcards in Ankle and Foot Lab Deck (2):
Observation of the Ankle and Foot:
1) Atrophy, scars, attitude of pt, willingness to move, signs of inflammation (redness, temperature)
Figure of 8 Test for Ankle Swelling
1. Begin w/ tape measure inferior to the lat malleolus.
2. Pass over the top of the foot
3. Pass medially over the navicular tubercle.
4. Pass under the plantar surface of the foot.
5. Pass laterally over the base of the 5th metatarsal.
6. Pass over the dorsum of the foot again below the medial malleolus.
7. Past posterior over the distal achilles tendon.
Back to lat malleolus to take the measurement.