Flashcards in Breast Clinical Assessment (History + Examination) Deck (5)
What are you looking for in the presenting complaint regarding breast pathology?
Presence of lump + characteristics
Characteristics of breast lumps to ask about in a breast history?
Change in symptoms
Associated symptoms (with breast lump) to ask about in a breast history?
- Relationship to last menstrual period and symptoms
- Nipple symptoms: discharge (amount, colour, consistency), bleeding, inversion
- Skin changes
- Back pain or breathlessness
- Any other lumps or gland swellings
Breast cancer risk factors to ask about?
- age at 1st one
Age of menarche/menopause
- date of last menstrual period
- oral contraceptive pill, hormone replacement therapy
PMHx of breast disease or malignancy
FHx of breast/ovarian cancer