Flashcards in C2 Periodic Table Deck (19):
1. What order are the elements arranged in the modern periodic table?
1. Atomic number
2. What order were they put into in the early periodic table?
2. Atomic mass
3. How did Mendeleev improve the periodic table?
3. Left gaps
4. Why doesn’t it work to put the elements in order of atomic weight?
4. Because of isotopes
5. Where are metals found on the periodic table?
5. Left hand side
6. Why do elements in the same column of periodic table have similar chemical properties?
6. Same number of electrons in outer shell.
7. Do metals form positive or negative ions?
8. What are elements in group 0 called?
8. Noble gases
9. How reactive are the group 0 elements?
9. Very unreactive
10. How does the boiling point of the noble gases change as you go down the group?
10. Increases (gets higher)
11. What are the elements in Group 1 known as?
The Alkali metals
12. How reactive are the alkali metals?
13. What do the alkali metals react with oxygen to make?
14. What do the alkali metals react with chlorine to make?
15. What do the alkali metals react with water to make?
Metal hydroxides and hydrogen
16. How does the reactivity of the alkali metals change as you go down the group?
Get more reactive
What is the name given to the Group 7 elements?
18. The Halogens exist as diatomic molecules. What does diatomic mean?
Two atoms bonded together