Flashcards in C5 Chemical Reactions Deck (16):
1. What is produced when a metal reacts with oxygen?
1. Metal oxide
2. What is the name given to this type of reaction (addition of oxygen).
3. What is the reactivity series?
3. Order of elements from the most to least reactive
4. If a metal is reacted with a compound with a less reactive metal in it what will happen?
4. The more reactive metal will displace the less reactive metal from the compound
5. Why are some metals more reactive than others?
5. They form positive ions more easily
6. What is produced when a metal reacts with an acid?
6. A salt + hydrogen
7. What is a base?
7. Something which neutralises an acid e.g. A metal oxide or metal hydroxide
8. When is produced when an acid reacts with a base?
8. A salt + water
9. What is an alkali?
9. A base which dissolves in water (is soluble)
10. What salt would be made in the reaction between sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid?
10. Sodium chloride
11. What type of salt is made if sulphuric acid is used?
11. A sulphate
12. What is made when an acid reacts with a carbonate?
12. A salt + water + carbon dioxide
13. What is the pH of a strong acid?
14. What is the pH of a neutral solution?
15. What ions do acids produce?