Flashcards in Canopy Management Deck (4)
What are the key aims of Canopy Management?
- Maximize the effectiveness of light interception
- Reduce shade within the canopy
- ensure that the microclimate for the grapes is as uniform as possible
- promote a balance of vegetation and reproductive functions of the wine
- Arrange the vine canopy to ease machanisation and/or manual labor
- Promote air circulation
What are the vine organs?
The buds, leaves and fruit
How does canopy management affect the photosynthetic capacity of a vine?
It is used to help maximize the leaf surface area that is exposed to sunlight.
Leaf density is usually what is considered here.